Tuesday, January 18, 2011

sock knitting

I don't know what's gotten into me lately, but I can't stop knitting socks.  It all started with my brilliant idea to make a pair of socks each for my dad and brothers for Christmas.  (I had to second guess myself a few times on this - although handmade gifts are usually quite appreciated... socks?  Really?  That's the kind of gift you get from your grandma and wish you didn't.)  Ever since, I've been hooked.

Upon hearing of my new obsession, my mom kindly reminded me that she once heard me say, "Knitting socks is stupid.  Why would anyone spend so much time on something they can easily buy for so cheap?"  Well, I have to admit, I had a good point there.  But, just take a look at these.


So pretty!  So comfortable and soft.  Who can resist?  Not me!

1 comment:

  1. Some years ago I also did not see a point in knitting socks. However, when it's really cold, only knitted socks can keep my feet warm and be stylish at the same time. Also, I love sock yarn. :)

    ReplyDelete